Sunday, December 22, 2013

Galatians 4:4-7

But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”  Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Galatians 4:4-7

A couple of years ago on Pinterest, someone had posted a list of Bible verses to read in the month of December to prepare our hearts for Christmas.  I took the list, typed it up on my computer and then layered that over a photo of my Christmas tree in my living room.  I pinned that onto Pinterest last year.  Since then, 64 people have repinned it....people I don't know.  I'm always amazed how God will use even me to spread His word, to be a light.
The verses do point me in the right direction and keep my focus on the salvation God promised through His Son, Jesus Christ; and also, they remind me of what my response should be to that gift: Love to others and to have a thankful heart.

1 comment:

  1. Make that 65. ;-)

    I love how there is a good mix of OT and NT verses -- thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete